2013 is right around the corner and some you may be changing key leaders or even changing jobs. This fact makes it really important that we remember who our new leaders are not; they are not the old leaders
- They won’t sing like the old leader.
- They won’t play games like the old leader.
- They don’t have or don’t use their gifts like the old leader.
- They don’t get your jokes like the old leader.
- They won’t understand or use technology like your old leader.
- They don’t lead like the old leader.
We will always have a fondness in our hearts for the students or adults who have served with us. These leaders may leave because of a shift in calling, dropping out, or whatever, and it leaves us hanging emotionally. Let’s not look for someone to replace the old leader, let’s open our hearts to who God believes is the right person to fill those roles. Let’s leave our hearts open to better possibilities.
“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,” Ephesians 3:20