Some of us started out the year with high hopes and have had a few meetings under our belt; things are going great and WHAM! something messes with our Mojo. Here are a few things that mess with our momentum
- Key leaders jump ship
- Personal Sabotage (you did something that altars your momentum, a comment or an action)
- The program you created does not have legs (it does not carry as far as you thought)
- You miss a meeting or your meeting is interrupted.
- You change programs or strategies so often you can’t pick up momentum.
Those are some of the causes of momentum loss, but what do we do about it? Here are few suggestion for when you feel that momentum slipping away.
- Recognize and admit that it’s happening. Don’t stick your head in the sand and hope the situation get better.
- Talk with leaders, kids, and your pastor to see if they feel the same thing.
- Get in a quiet place and pray. The Lord knows where the issue is and He can show you whether it is you, someone else, or a an attack from the enemy.
- Go with what is challenging your momentum. If the kids in your group are snubbing their nose at X, see what they are tuning into and prayerfully capitalize on that.
These are not all the answers obviously, just a few I have found in my experience. What do you do when you sense momentum slipping away? How do you turn the tide and get your Mojo back? Tell me in the comments below.