It’s easy to think you’re failing in youth ministry, if you think
- My group is not big enough
- I’m not reaching enough kids
- Our meetings are a mess
- My volunteers won’t step up
- My Pastor doesn’t back me
Then yes, by these standards, failure is easy to embrace.
It’s also easy to take pride in what you lead, If you think
- We’ve come a long way
- We are in a process
- I am learning from my failures
- These students are still coming in spite of everything
- Some of these students are getting this!
Tell your youth group you are proud of them in spite of imperfection.
Be proud of those kids who are are taking baby steps in their faith.
Be proud of yourself, because you are sticking it out when others are bailing.
Jesus is proud of you and that’s enough. After all, you’re His kid.