I wanted to show some love to the people, place, and things that have helped me or my youth ministry out this past year. These might make great gifts for your students or volunteer leaders. Don’t know what to get your volunteers or leader? I have provided and handy dandy for form you can use for Christmas or anytime this year. This idea came out of a conversation about Christmas on the weekly show Life In Student Ministry with my friend @Tim Schmoyer. Enjoy.
Gifts For Volunteers
- Food Cards (subway, etc.)
- Books (for personal or professional edification)
- Movie Passes
- Babysitting (if they need it.)
- A home cooked meal at your house
- A gift basket filled with their Favorite Things (from the free form)
- Time off
- Pay for a maid service for one day (this is for the busy family volunteer)
- Time with them- Take them to lunch or just hang out
- A Coupon Book (free car wash etc. students in your group could volunteer for various chores
- Card games or games in general (this way they always have something to play when kids come over)
- A coupon filled with discounts for next years trips
- A thank you card (with items from the Free Questionnaire)
- Gift them some songs from itunes or itune cards
- Art (framed pictures or paintings, or something you make for them)
- A poem written by you
- A video on you tube thanking them or kids thanking them.
- Tickets to a sporting event
- Tickets to a play
- Tickets to a concert
- Yourself- offer to pray with them or e-mail them daily prayers of affirmation up until Christmas
Nothing is too outlandish. If you are meeting a need for that volunteer you are giving a great gift. That is round one of gift giving ideas. I may have more as I go along. Do you have any ideas? Please leave your suggestion in the comments.