You might wonder how I pick my albums of the year. Like most lists, my list subjective. I do had a few questions I have to answer in order for an album to make my list.
- Can I listen to it the whole way through?
- Does it cover a non-conventional topics?
- Does it get my juices flowing?
- Is it lyrically challenging? (Word choice, metaphors, story driven, etc.)
- Is it spiritually challenging or thought provoking?
True, not all of these albums meet all of theses standards but they do meet at least 3 out of 5, and that’s good enough for me.
Crowder – American Prodigal
Skillet – Unleashed
Trip Lee – The Waiting Room
Need To Breathe – Hard To Love
We Are Messengers – Self-Titled
Viktory – Tomorrow Came
Unspoken – Follow Through (Deluxe)
Wolves at the Gate – Types and Shadows
Thrice – To Be Everywhere Is To Be No Where
Da’ Truth – It’s Complicated
Michael Sweet – One Sided War
Bi-Frost Artists – Lamentations: Simple Songs of Lament and Hope
Dogs of Peace – Heel
Matthew Parker – Adventure
What am I missing? Leave me your suggestion(s) below.