I used to like being in my office, until I figured out I was being ineffective in my ministry and sheltered from those who I need to spend time with. If I am not in my office, here is where you may find me and you may want to join me
1. I am with other church members, including my Pastor
I may be having lunch, dinner, or breakfast with all kinds of people. Why? Because I want to hang out. I want them to know the real me. The best way to do that is to not be in my office, but to be where they are. I may be playing golf, eating, or something else but I am trying to get know my congregation so I can share my vision and passion for young people. I am also listening for red flags about the ministry and for needs our youth group can meet for that person.
2. I am at the library or coffee shop thinking
“Thinking?” you say? yes, thinking. I need think time. I need time to process what God is saying to me through His Word and prayer. My to do list is not as important as my think list. I need time to think about that kid, that parent, that staff member, and that challenge I am facing. Can’t I do that in the office? Not me. I need the change of atmosphere.
3. I am at the thrift store.
Why am I at the thrift store?
- I am building my library cheaply with good books
- I am find cool things such as games, trophies, and more to use with our youth ministry
- I am finding whacky costumes and hats
- I am finding weird giveaways for the next game night.
- I am taking pictures and posting them on Facebook
- I am textting kids and parents
- I am sending e-mails
- I am creating